Two solutions for improved tablet coatings
We have two effective natural mineral solutions for tablet coatings, each with a range of advantages.
Our precipitated calcium carbonates are a high-quality, cost-effective tablet processing aid and excipient. Our Calcius™ range of precipitated calcium carbonate:
- Acts as an antacid and delivers supplemental calcium to tablets
- Helps in the compression-stability of tablets
- Acts as a whitening agent for tablets
Calcius precipitated calcium carbonate:
- Complies with US Pharmacopeia
- Complies with EU Pharmacopeia
- Is manufactured, processed and packaged at a cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and GFSI certified sites
- Is halal and kosher certified
- ISO 9001:2015 certified site
- EINECS no. 207-439-9
- CAS no. 471-34-1
Where available, our talcs* are another cost-effective tablet coating additive, improving the quality of the finished coating film product.
Our high-grade talcs:
- Eliminate tackiness during drying
- Prevent agglomerations in the coater
- Reduce coating time
- Produce flawless coated products
Our talcs are innocuous, making them ideal for use in enteric coatings for targeted delivery of drugs. We particularly recommend our Luzenac Pharma M grade for coated tablets.
Our pharmaceutical-grade precipitated talcs:
- Comply with US Pharmacopeia
- Comply with EU Pharmacopeia
- Comply with Japanese Pharmacopeia
- Comply with IPEC-PQC guideline
- Are manufactured, processed and packaged at ISO-certified facilities (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2008)
- Have kosher certification
- Eligible for halal and vegan certification
- EINECS no. 238-877-9
- CAS no. 14807-96-6
As an IPEC member, we guarantee the safety, quality and consistency of our pharmaceutical grades, which are all derived from controlled, proprietary sources, which are available for audit.
The Pharmaceuticals Regulatory Package and kosher certificate are available from our download center.
*Talc products are not available in the USA and Canada. Contact us for an alternative range.