Calcium fortification & supplements
Premium quality calcium additives for food and supplements
We offer food-grade Precipitated Calcium Carbonates (PCC) as an excellent source of calcium for food fortification and dietary supplements.
Our I-Blūm PCC grades are added-value solutions for enhancing the calcium content of fortified foods and beverages such as:
- Meal replacement bars and drinks
- Bakery snacks
- Dairy-based and plant-based beverages
- Powdered beverage mixes
Our I-Blūm™ range of high-purity precipitated calcium carbonate food additive grades are sustainably sourced from high-quality minerals from our own mines and processed at our facilities according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
|Animal & pet kibble|
The I-Blūm range is available in four densities.
- I-Blūm F18 light PCC
- I-Blūm F23 medium PCC
- I-Blūm F50 heavy PCC
- I-Blūm F70 extra heavy PCC
|I-Blūm F18||I-Blūm F23||I-Blūm F50||I-Blūm F70|
|General classification||light PCC||medium PCC||heavy PCC||extra heavy PCC|
|Brightness (%)||≥ 98||≥ 98||≥ 98||≥ 98|
|Median particle (µm)||1.8||2.5||5.0||7.0|
|Tapped density (g/cm3)||0.50||0.70||0.90||1.05|
Our calcium carbonate food additive grades:
- Are registered for use as food additives under European Directive 1129/2011 (EC) Calcium Carbonates: E170
- Comply with required purity criteria set out in European Directive 231/2012 (EC)
- Comply with US FDA Standards for Food Additives
- Comply with purity criteria under Food Chemical Codex, VIII Edition
- Comply with Japanese Standards for Food Additives, VIII Edition
- Comply with Kosher and Halal food specifications
- Do not contain allergens
Process quality is guaranteed by
- HACCP in place at all relevant sites
- All sites certified ISO 9001:2015
More information on the Food Regulatory Package and Kosher certificate is available from our download center.