Our ImerCare® perlite makes a 100% natural volcanic rock exfoliation agent for shampoos, shower gels and scrubs.
A natural alternative to microplastic beads
Natural perlite is an excellent, completely natural exfoliation agent made from volcanic rock and an ideal environmentally friendly alternative to polymer microbeads used in facial and body scrubs.
Perlite is a natural mineral with a hollow bead structure. We engineer this structure to obtain the particle shape and size that provides exactly the right exfoliation performance for the needs of your products and customers.
In skin care products such as face and body scrubs, bar soaps and shower gels, we have combined the natural hardness of perlite’s minute volcanic rock particles with their spherical shape to provide a gentle exfoliation effect.
In tests, a shower gel containing ImerCare® 400P-Scrub grades demonstrated better exfoliation efficiency than the one containing polyethylene beads formulated at a constant weight of 3%.
- ImerCare® 270P-Scrub and 190P-Scrub for face scrubs
- ImerCare 400P and new ImerCare 700P-Scrub for body scrubs and shower gels
- ImerCare® 800P-Scrub for exfoliating bar soaps, sugar scrubs, anti-cellulite peeling gels and foot scrubs
- ImerCare(r) 120 P-Scrub as lip exfoliation
- ImerCare(r) 90 P as scalp exfoliation
All our cosmetic products are natural, high quality, chemically inert and offer good skin tolerance. They are not treated with chemicals during processing. These attributes enable them to be used in cosmetic products that comply with cosmetic directive regulation (EC) n° 1223/2009.
All ImerCare® perlite grades are also Cosmos approved*. Certificates of origin and additional documentation are available upon request.
* Excepting ImerCare® 120P-Scrub and ImerCare 800P-Scrub