Our Hydrite SB100 range of hyper platy kaolins significantly reduce the permeability of tire inner liners.
A greener filler for rubber compounds
Engineered kaolin, such as our Hydrite SB100, are ideal for high impermeability applications such as tire inner liners. Our Hydrite SB100 kaolin has provides higher aspect ratio improved barrier properties without impairing the mechanical performance and flowability of the compound.
Used as a partial replacement for less environmentally friendly carbon black, Hydrite SB100 kaolin:
- Enhances mechanical properties, giving better fatigue resistance
- Improves barrier properties and reduces permeability
- Enables tire manufacturers to downgage inner liners
- Improves rolling resistance leading to fuel savings and reduced CO2 emissions
- Limits oxygen diffusion through the carcass preventing steel cord corrosion and improving durability
- Diminishes plasticizer evaporation, giving better thermal resistance and extending service life
- Is an effective processing aid lowering compound viscosity and improving compound flow
- Is a natural, environmentally friendly solution
Enables tire manufacturers to downgage inner liners
Improves rolling resistance
Limits oxygen diffusion