Fibra-Cel® сellulose fiber filter aids
Improved pre-coating in beer and wine filtration
Our Celite Fibra-Cel range are cellulose-based products ideal for rapid pre-coating in beer and wine filtration, especially when old or damaged screens are being used. The Celite Fibra-Cel range offers a stable cake formation and can protect the filter cake against unwanted pressure shocks. It also aids filter cake release during filter wash-offs.
Multi-functional product properties:
- Precoats rapidly. Fibers quickly bridge openings in filter screens and cloths, especially openings too large to be precoated with ordinary diatomite or perlite filter aids.
- Promotes longer cycles. Fibers protect septums and prevent blinding.
- Cleans rapidly. Releases quickly and cleanly from filter septums by backwashing or rinsing.
- Forms a stable cake. Fibrous layer resists pressure shocks to the filter cake.
- Prevents filter aid bleed-through. Fibers form a stable base after pre-coats and admixes of diatomite or perlite.
- Prevents mechanical leaks. Fibers can precoat comparatively large openings around gaskets and filter leaf seats.
- Separates liquid phases. Absorptive properties can separate different liquid phases from each other, for example, water in olive oils.
- Facilitates waste disposal. Spent cake may be incinerated to reduce volume for disposal.
Fibra-Cel filtration applications:
- Alkaline solutions – where even small amounts of soluble silica are objectionable.
- Beverages – excellent cake stability while preventing filter aid bleed-through.
- Food products – superior clarity and cake stability with a pure cellulose filter aid.
- Petroleum – removes emulsified water.
- Plating solutions – excellent solids removal and cake stability with nonsilicous filter aid.
100% Cellulose pre-coating grades
- Fibra-Cel® BH-10
- Fibra-Cel® BH-20
- Fibra-Cel® BH-40
- Fibra-Cel® BH-65
- Fibra-Cel® BH-100
- Fibra-Cel® SW-10
Cellulose pre-coating blends
- Fibra-Cel® 5F
- Fibra-Cel® 7F
- Fibra-Cel® 11F
- Fibra-Cel® 5FP
- Fibra-Cel® 7FP
- Fibra-Cel® 11FP