Rubber medical supplies
Improved rubber performance for medical applications
- Improve gas permeation and water absorption
- Improve sealing properties and good resealing after puncture
- Improve chemical resistance
- Provide good steam and ethylene oxide sterilization resistance (and UV radiation resistance for kaolin)
- Are ideal reinforcing agents, improving mechanical properties of stoppers
- Are effective processing aids, lowering compound viscosity and improving the compound flow
- Provide good thermal resistance and colour retention, extending service life
- Are chemically inert and do not react with medical substances, having no effect on pH and UV light adsorption
- Calcined clay and silane-treated calcined clay grades for multi-dose rubber stoppers where resealability is required.
- Talc and silane-treated talc grades for improving barrier properties in pharmaceutical stopper applications, especially when low compression set, low fragmentation and high tear resistance are required.
Natural rubber gloves
Carbital® N ground calcium carbonate is a liquid form of GCC that is particularly recommended for the production of natural latex gloves where it improves mechanical, thermal and ageing properties while providing reinforcement.
Carbital® N GCC is recommended for the production of surgical, medical and clean room latex gloves. When added in the correct proportions, Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC) can improve tensile strength – meaning greater resistance to tension and stretching. GCC also offers superior tear strength, so gloves are less likely to rip during use.
Nitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR) gloves
Our ImerTouch series is an engineered mineral slurry that is highly recommended for the production of Nitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR) gloves. When added, our ImerTouch is able to improve tactile sensitivity in the glove and also reduce the overall formulation cost. It can be used in thin gloves of a minimum thickness of 0.05micron.
Dental alginates molding
Alginates used for dental molding are visco-elastic materials with rubber-like compliance. Alginates contain high levels of Diatomaceous Earth (DE) filler.
Our DE for alginates provides a low compression set and low swelling, enabling dentists to produce an accurate mold of the patient’s mouth.
We recommend our Celite® DE range for dental alginates molding.
*Talc products are not available in the USA and Canada. Contact us for an alternative range.
Related product ranges
Kaolin is a rock from which the clay mineral kaolinite is derived. This one has been used for millennia as the principal ingredient in porcelain tableware. Today Imerys kaolins bring critical properties to a host of end applications ranging from paper to paints, fiberglass to cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.