A new recycled “circular economy” mineral range for Paper & Board
ImerLoop™ F is a new range of recycled mineral solutions designed for paper & board filler applications, which combines a mix of Post Industrial Recycled Material (PIRM) and standard Ground Calcium Carbonates (GCC).
- A range of recycled mineral solutions
- Suitable for filler applications
- A circular solution
- Improved ecoprofile vs. standard ground calcium carbonate
The PIRM used for ImerLoop is a carbonate raw material, derived from mineral waste, carefully selected and recovered from waste from the pulp and paper industry, and transformed by our experts into a functional mineral for paper & board manufacturers.
ImerLoop is a circular solution that:
- Provides a channel for re-using waste generated during pulp manufacturing in the form of recycled minerals
- Comprises at least 40% recycled content
- Provides similar performance to standard GCC in terms of strength, brightness, opacity and smoothness of the finished product
- Generates fewer CO2 emissions
ImerLoop F is designed for use in filler applications for paper and board.
Imerloop F: A Pioneer product for the Paper & Board industry
A circular solution developed in collaboration with pulp, paper and board industry partners that valorizes waste generated into recycled minerals, ImerLoop F is a highly sustainable product that has been given Imerys’ Pioneer certificate. This is our highest rating for products and services with outstanding sustainability performance compared to the reference on the market. Being itself a recycled-based product range, with at least 40% of recycled content, ImerLoop demonstrates low environmental impact during its production phase compared to its economic value, while also providing the highest social and environmental contribution to the downstream value chain.